Close Quarters Carbine Rifle
Rifles in the home for self defense have been a fixture in the American since the advent of modern smokeless ammo. Today the modern auto loading carbine rifle has assumed the personal defense role that the old pump or lever action deer rifle once held. Although our tools have evolved into the 21st century, most private CQB rifle training is watered down military team tactics; High Desert Training Group’s Close Quarters Carbine Rifle course was developed from the ground up for the individual weapon owner, defending themselves in an event that may be too much for the handgun; threats that that may appear from any direction within the close quarters spectrum.
High Desert Training Group’s Close Quarters Carbine Rifle course was created with the AR as the base weapon platform, but any modern autoloading magazine fed rifle will suffice. This seminar provides the essential skill set development that every modern carbine rifle owner needs to operate their firearm professionally as a personal defense weapon.
This course is dedicated to the top tier independent civilian weapon operator and is pure Second Amendment essential knowledge
- Any modern auto loading carbine rifle
- Two or more magazines; the more, the better.
- At least two hundred rounds of ammunition Note: Only new factory manufactured ammunition is permitted in class. If you want to shoot more, bring more.
- A quality one or two point rifle sling.
- Eye and ear protection. See FAQs on eye and ear protection.
- Knee and elbow pads are nice, but not required.
- Appropriate clothing for the season, sun screen, hat, bug spray, water and scoobie snacks (for range day), medication and a basic boo-boo (medical) kit.
- A chair (Unless you don’t mind standing)
- Proper battle sight zero.
- Reactive engagement and re-gaining the initiative
- Exploitation of the rifle sling as an equipment essential.
- Countering the lethal threat in an expanding or contracting environment.
- Vertical displacement.
- Countering the threat in a three hundred sixty degree environment.
- Development of a personal training plan.
8 hours: On site lecture/practical application.
There are no prerequisites for this course; however, students should have a solid foundation of practical marksmanship and weapon handling fundamentals for their specific firearm.
This course is not specific to any make or model firearm, it is pure individual weapon operator CQB skill set development.