Advanced Close Quarters Handgun Course
In the Advanced Close Quarters Handgun class, we take the skills that were developed in the Close Quarters Handgun course and introduce the client to real world threat scenarios. We integrate all these skill sets together in dynamic problem solving exercises.
- Any quality service pistol with a belt holster manufactured for that specific make and model pistol.
- Three or more magazines; the more, the better.
- Seven hundred rounds of ammunition Note: Only new factory manufactured ammunition is permitted in class. If you want to shoot more, bring more.
- Eye and ear protection. See FAQs on eye and ear protection.
- Appropriate clothing for the season, sun screen, hat, bug spray, water and scoobie snacks (for range day).
This is Not a Marksmanship Seminar
Marksmanship is an essential tool, but close quarters combat requires other essential skill sets; among those are:
- Review of Close Quarters Handgun course skills.
- Refining Threat Focused Targeting.
- Engaging threats in a 360 degree environment in an expanding and contracting format.
- Integration of all Close Quarters Handgun skills in dynamic drills.
- Development of a personal training plan.
8 hours: On site lecture/practical application.
There are no prerequisites for this course; however, students should have a solid foundation in marksmanship and weapon handling fundamentals.
This is an advanced level course developed to teach defensive firearms skills and tactics to the firearm owner who purchases a gun for protection outside the home, it is pure gun fight survival.
Read and understand the Waiver agreement in the FAQ section. If you’re not okay with this agreement, don’t take the class.
Course Dates & Registration