Even in it’s basic form, the AR-15 is a remarkably accurate rifle, but as we all know marksmanship in the field is different than a rifle resting on a bench at the gun club . The Precision Marksmanship class is not a sniper class. This course is for those rare breed of humans who have tendencies to walk away from civilization from time to time. The Field Marksmanship course teaches the AR-15 owner how to exploit the light weight AR-15’s long range accuracy potential from a stock rifle, while in the field, with minimal supporting equipment. Expensive add-on equipment is not necessary. In this class you will set your rifle up for the 24/7 “Go-To” bug out configuration This is the course that every survivalist should have in their “tool box”.
- Any modern auto loading carbine rifle.
- 200 rounds of original factory ammo.
- Two magazines.
- A data book (contact us for more info).
- A rifle sling. See our article on rifle slings.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Elbow and knee pads are nice, but not required.
- Appropriate clothing for the season, sun screen, hat, bug spray, water, lunch and snacks.
- A Red-Dot optical sight is not necessary, but helps. (contact us for more info)
- A review of the fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Alternative rifle supports
- Improvised range finding
- Effects of wind and temperature.
- Use of the Rifle Data Book
- Live fire practical exercises.
- Goal setting.
8 hours: On site lecture/practical application.
There are no prerequisites for this course; however, if the student has no prior formal training with the AR-15, completion of Essential Knowledge of the AR-15 is strongly recommended.
Read and understand the Waiver agreement in the FAQ section. If you’re not okay with this agreement, don’t take the class.
Course Dates & Registration