Close Quarters Handgun Course
Criminal attacks rarely occur in the Hollywood Showdown at the OK Corral style. Most criminals are street fighters, they move in lightning fast, they maneuver and most often have back up. High Desert Training Group’s Close Quarters Handgun Course teaches gun fighting solutions to a criminal attack to teach you how to expand/contract or move three hundred sixty degrees.
- Any quality service pistol with a belt holster manufactured for that specific make and model pistol.
- Three or more magazines are recommended; the more, the better.
- Three to five hundred rounds of ammunition Note: Only new factory manufactured ammunition is permitted in class. If you want to shoot more, bring more.
- Eye and ear protection. See FAQs on eye and ear protection.
- Appropriate clothing for the season, sun screen, hat, bug spray, water, lunch and scoobie snacks (for range day)
- A folding chair (unless you don’t mind standing).
- Introduction to Stress Proofing you weapon handling skills.
- Review the elements of Combat Marksmanship.
- An introduction to Expedient Sighting.
- Countering the lethal threat in an expanding or contracting environment.
- Introduction to the 360 degree attack.
- Development of a personal training plan.
8 hours: On site lecture/practical application.
There are no prerequisites for this course; however, students should have a solid foundation in marksmanship and weapon handling fundamentals if success in this class is to be achieved.
This is an intermediate level course developed to teach defensive firearms skills and tactics to the firearm owner who purchases a gun for protection outside the home, it is not a watered down law enforcement tactics class. It was created from the ground up to teach essential real world gun fighting skills.
Read and understand the Waiver agreement in the FAQ section. If you’re not okay with this agreement, don’t take the class.
Course Dates & Registration