The intermediate scoped AR-15 rifle
Zero to three hundred yards and owning it!
The Precision AR-15 Rifle course is designed for what has been described as “America’s Rifle”, the AR-15. Students in this seminar will learn to exploit the accuracy potential of the AR-15 (or similar appropriately scoped center fire rifles.) with the use of a Low powered magnified optic, a BDC reticle is preferred. At the end of this course you know you can make precision and even surgical shots out to 300 yards while confronting environmental obstacles.
This course is being presented by Michael Pierson; a lifelong student of the martial arts, is a former tactical officer, team sniper and certified armorer in numerous weapon platforms. Michael’s knowledge of this amazing rifle, what makes it run and perform superbly is his passion.
- Basics of AR-15 with a magnified optic (mounting help if need)
- Understanding the scope and how to use a BDC reticle
- Understanding ballistics of the 5.56 & .223 bullet
- Zeroing your rifle: (Using a BDC reticle) out to 300 yrs./ & confirming your zero
- Basics of ranging and how to compensate for wind
- Unconventional shooting platforms: (Engage steel targets, from each position)
- QCB speed shooting with your powered optic at contact range
- Shooting moving targets at range
- AR-15 pattern rifle with a low powered magnified optic
- 250 rounds of .223/ 5.56 ammunition
- Eye Protection / Ear Protection
- Water / Food
- Shooting mat
- Elbow and knee pads are nice, but optional
- Hat / sunscreen / bug spray / appropriate clothing for the weather we shoot rain or shine.
“There’s nothing more dangerous on the battlefield than a well-aimed shot!”